Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cupcakes

I general I love cupcakes. I think they are so sweet. That is one reason I chose to have them for my wedding instead of a traditional cake.

Our cake decorator simply used a serving tower and as they were taken by our guests it was refilled, which cuts out the added expensive of a cake server.



The top of the tower was an eight inch round that was iced to match the cupcakes.



We cut the top tier for our wedding. It may be a tradition to eat that layer on your one year anniversary, but it isn't a tradition that I wanted to follow. A one year old cake... that just doesn't sound very appealing to me.

If tradition is your aim, you could always do a bottom tier and a top tier or you could cut into one of the cupcakes. Or I have seen tiered cakes decorated by cupcakes.

Having cupcakes also allowed us to have a variety of cake choices for our guests. We chose carrot, chocolate, lemon raspberry, and white for our cupcakes.

Another advantage to cupcakes is that they tend to be cheaper than wedding cakes. You just have to make sure and check pricing. Some vendors have caught on to the trend and have raised their prices.

They also allow you to decorate in many cute ways. There are tons a picks, wrappers, designs and more. Here is an example of a nice wrapper to dress up your cupcakes.



Cupcakes can also allow you to be a bit more creative and whimsical. I love these cupcakes.



Also, for the DIY bride, here is a fun way to save some money and enjoy some time with your friends. Just make sure you taste test the cakes first.

Another fun aspect of using cupcakes is in the presentation. Here are some examples of ways to present your cupcakes.



1 comment:

  1. I liked the cupcake idea to so for my reception in Utah I had one. It was so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete